Sompting Abbotts Parents Association
Sompting Abbotts Prep School is a West Sussex independent family school where the sense of community is highly valued. Sompting Abbotts Parents Association (known as SAPA) plays a big part in this. All parents at the school are automatically members of SAPA and are welcome to volunteer their input.
Parents, grandparents and guardians have a very active role in the life of our school and we welcome and really appreciate your support. SAPA organises social events for parents and other school activities and helps to raise funds to provide items and facilities the school needs. We don't get involved in the running of the school however.
SAPA's main aims are to:
- Engage in fundraising activities to provide additional facilities or equipment to enhance learning for the children
- Run enjoyable and entertaining events and activities for children and parents
- Strengthen relationships between parents, staff and the school to further foster our strong sense of family and community
In the last few years, SAPA has paid for many wonderful items on the 'wish lists' of the school and its staff, including digital tablets and trikes for the Pre-Prep school and Chromebooks for the Main School.
SAPA's key activities
SAPA's flagship events are the Christmas Bazaar; the Summer Fayre; Easter Bonnet competition; the Strawberry Tea and regular second-hand uniform sales, with many other events taking place on an ad-hoc basis.
How can you help?
- Join the SAPA Committee. You can keep in touch with what's going on at SAPA's Main Page: this is a private group but you simply need to request to join. There's also a page for SAPA Events Committee and volunteers are always needed to join this; again simply request to join.
- Volunteer your help. The success of all our events is down to the enthusiastic support we receive from parents. If you can spare a few hours helping out, please let us know. Extra pairs of hands are always welcome!
- Make offers of non-financial support and donations ie. food and drinks, stationery, raffle prizes etc.
- Sponsorship. We are always looking for ways for businesses to help sponsor some of our flagship events.