We're throwing open our doors for our Open Afternoon on Friday 6th October at 3.30-6pm with lots of free, fun supervised activity sessions for children!
Drop into our open afternoon on Friday 6th October 3.30-6pm and stay for tea and home-baked cakes. It's the perfect opportunity to drive through the gates, see our historic Neo-Gothic house and 30 acres of grounds, meet our friendly staff and pupils, and, if you want, have a tour of the school. We've got lots going on to entertain all children aged 2 - 12 years. Just pick the sessions your child would enjoy the most. All the details are below. We look forward to seeing you! All welcome.
3.30pm: Welcome! Tea and cakes will be served in Main School Dining Room
3.45pm: Address to parents by Principal Mrs Patricia Sinclair and Headmaster Mr Stuart Douch
4pm-6pm: Free activities for children to enjoy. You're welcome to take a guided tour with a school parent, member of staff or senior pupil. Our staff will be available throughout to chat to and to answer any questions you have.
Activities on offer
As a taster of the forest-school and outdoor activities we run for children at Sompting Abbotts, we'll have a bonfire on the go at our Open Afternoon. We'll be toasting marshmallows for everyone too!
- 4-5pm: Little ones are invited to join in with our nursery rhyme sing-along session to piano music followed by story-telling. Free access to Walled Garden and adventure playground. For pre-schoolers. Where? The Stables Block.
- 4.30-6pm: Forest-school activity for all ages. We'll have a bonfire and we'll be toasting marshmallows. Where? The Fairy Ring in the woods.
- 4.30-5.30pm: Get stuck into some awesome science experiments. For ages 7 upwards. Where? The Science Lab.
- 4.30-5.30pm: Make some real honey mead bread in our Anglo-Saxon Club. For ages 7 upwards. Where? Main School.
- 4.30-5.30pm: Try computer programming at our Coding Club. For ages 8 upwards. Where? IT Suite.
- 4.30-5.30pm: Aim for the target. For ages 10 upwards. Where? Indoor shooting range.
- 4.30pm-5.30pm: Improve your batting and bowling technique with guidance from our cricket master. For ages 8 upwards. Where? School grounds and cricket nets.
- 4.30-5.30pm: Get arty with a mixture of art media. For ages 5 upwards. Where? Art Block.
No need to book, you can simply turn up. Though it would help us with numbers if you could email us at email@example.com and let us know your name and that you're coming. Park in the school car parks. For more details or to book to come and see us at another time, call us on 01903 235960 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org